I just love the Just Desserts feature in the May/June issue of Paper Crafts. It’s so yummy, delicious, sweet, divine… well you get the idea. Every project is eye candy and many of the projects look literally good enough to eat. As I took a closer look, I was reminded of how many supplies I have in my stash that would add the perfect finishing touch to sweet-themed projects:
- Glitter, beads, small brads or tiny punched shapes can be used as faux candy sprinkles.
- Embossing powder, especially the puffy kind, makes great icing, cotton candy or marshmallow crème.
- Buttons or rhinestones can be used as candy or that perfect “cherry on top”.
- Texture paste makes great frosting on a cupcake.
- Rickrack makes a great faux icing trim.
- Dimensional glaze placed over brown cardstock looks like gooey chocolate sauce.
- Felt works great as a scoop of ice cream.
The possibilities are endless. Sometimes by looking at our supplies in new ways, we’re inspired to create some really awesome projects. Here’s the “Sweet Soda Card” (p. 56) I made for the Just Desserts feature:
And if I haven’t made your mouth water enough already, make sure to check out our amazing book Paper Crafts Gourmet – complete with actual recipes and coordinating paper crafted projects.
So whether you heading to your kitchen or your paper crafting studio, you now have plenty of ideas to whip up something delicious!
Alisa, Paper Crafts Pro
P.S. If you’re still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, make sure to enter our Just Desserts Sweepstakes valued at more than $100. Click here to enter online! (Make sure you click on the “Submission” tab for the online entry form. It’s across from the “Welcome” tab.)
P.P.S. Congratulations go to Carol (ScrapMomOf2) for her comment on Cath’s Variety and Versatility blog post last week. Thanks to everyone for leaving great comments on how to change up projects to suit your needs! Carol, your prize will be put in the mail shortly!